Fountains of All Styles
Bring relaxing sounds of a trickling waterfall right into your backyard, deck, or patio. Invite beautiful song birds to bathe in your backyard. Enjoy the ambiance created by a glowing cascade of water with colorful lights. These are just some of the great benefits by adding a fountain to your home's exterior, your yard or patio area!Different Types and Applications of Outdoor Fountains
There are different types of fountains, from simple bird feeders to cascading wall fountains.
Design and Installation of Fountains
- Bird Bath - A classic birdbath with a bowl that collects water for birds to gather and bathe are charming additions to any yard or garden area.
- Bird Bath Fountain - A birdbath fountain, also known as a birdbath bubbler, is a more modern birdbath that has a bubbling of water from the center that keeps running and keeps the water circulating.
- Indoor/Outdoor Wall Fountains - Wall fountains are hung on the wall as you would artwork. As an example, a hanging ovular shaped piece with the head of the fountain being magnetic lion's head or an Irish Galway ancient stone design, with a basin below to catch the water.
- Indoor/Outdoor Floor Fountains - Floor fountains have an artistic look, such as polished riverstones in an artistic design like a sculpture, or cascading rocks or water that cascades down connected pots or vases. This type of design can bring life to an otherwise permanent space.
- Outdoor Solar Floor Fountains - Solar floor fountains are like a standing, slim fountain. They are fountains on a pedestal, with a bubbler fountain and falling streams that create the perfect centerpiece for a garden.
The type of installation of a fountain will depend on the type you purchase. Some fountains are simple bird baths where there is no circulation of water. Other fountains will need to be hooked up properly with electric so that the attached lighting and circulation of water works appropriately. Still others may be solar powered and have use of a remote to turn the fountain on and off.
How more intricate fountains work is that the water gently cascades over an edge into an artfully lit basin, or in other cases water is sent shooting up from the center and cascading into a pond like area of the fountain.
Fountains are available in a variety of designs and styles and made of different materials, be it copper or wood finishes, or different types of stones. Fountains can bring a warmth and inviting quality to any backyard. The sights and sounds brought about by a fountain are relaxing and inspirational.
Fountains have accessories like certain types of lights that can create dramatic effects in or near the waters' surface. There are electrical works involved that are different from others being that they are submersible or able to get wet and designed for wet locations. Accent lights that are wet designed can be used underwater in ponds, similar to fountains or can be used in other wet locations.
Normal birdbaths have to manually be filled, and other more modern designed birdbaths and fountains use electricity. Some fountains are solar power, and can even be controlled with a remote for an on/off switch.How to Choose the Best Fountains
To maximize the effect of your outdoor fountain or pond lighting and landscape lighting around this area, you can choose the correct type of lighting for your needs. A well light can light stepping stones around your fountain area. A fountain or pond light can go directly in the fountain to illuminate the way and if there are fish or creatures inside. You can also change the color bulb so that the water can glow different colors! Show your personality and create different looks throughout your backyard and fountain area!Fountains and Outdoor Lighting from Lighting Expo's www.lightingexpo.com
Lighting Expo's www.lightingexpo.com offers outdoor lighting, landscape lighting and various outdoor accessories in various styles that will surely complement any design you have for the exterior of your home. Besides Fountains
, Lighting Expo offers a variety of other lighting for the outdoors, including Wall Mounts
, Hanging Lights
, Ceiling Mounts
, Wall Flush Mounts
, Post/Pier Heads
, Gas Lanterns
, Spot Lights
, Outdoor Fans
and Decor, and Door Chimes
. Landscape Lighting
itself includes Pathway and Spread Lighting
, Accent Lighting
, Postmount/Piermount Lighting
, Deck and Patio Lighting
; Post and Bollard Lighting
; Well Lighting
; Step Lighting
; and Exterior Hanging Lights
There are so many possibilities when it comes to choosing a fountain and what to do with it, including the landscape lighting design around it. The friendly and knowledgeable staff at Lighting Expo's www.lightingexpo.com will be happy to assist you in choosing the perfect fountain for your home. No matter your need, no matter the space, finish the look of the exterior of your home, your patio or deck, or any room in your house by adding other fixtures from Lighting Expo! Lighting Expo offers an incredibly wide variety of interior lighting such as Ceiling Lights
, Home Accent
pieces and so much more! Lighting Expo
has more than 25 years of experience lighting your home. When it comes to choosing the best fountains and more for your home, our friendly and knowledgeable staff at our three showrooms or online at www.lightingexpo.com will be able to answer any questions you may have!